Apply to become our Chief Executive.
We are looking for an ambitious, well-connected and passionate individual to lead the World Youth Organization.
We are looking for an ambitious, well-connected and passionate individual to lead the World Youth Organization into the future, bringing out its optimum potential so it can educate and support more young people on vital topics such as mental health, lifestyle skills and sex education, across the country and internationally.
As our newly appointed Chief Executive Officer, you will work closely with our Trustee Board, other board members and teams within the charity to create a flourishing, positive environment to work in.
You will be responsible for conducting audits, sourcing funding and sponsorship, keeping the board of trustees informed with charitable and legal developments, updating policies and leading the charity into its next stage as a fresh, tough grounded charity with strong core beliefs.
See the full list of this roles description below:
- Prepare a strategic plan and annual budget for approval by the board of trustees
- Operate within the annual budget and ensure management and HR policies are up-to-date
- Recruit and work with the senior management team/trustee board
- Build relationships with politicians, the media and government officials in order to advance the organisation’s aims
- Establish and monitor key indicators of the organisation’s impact and financial health
- Represent the organisation at external events and publicity opportunities
- Maintain awareness of risks and changes in the external environment that affect the organisation
- Build an effective working relationship with the chair of the trustee board
- Supply regular updates to the trustee board and attend quarterly trustee meetings
- Ensure the organisation’s staff and volunteers are focused on achieving its mission and aims
- Ensure the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
- Establish mechanisms for listening to the views of beneficiaries on the organisation’s performance
- Deliver the organisation’s business plan and, if necessary, help the organisation to win contracts from public bodies or develop social enterprise ‘spin offs’
- Help to ensure a sustainable income from individual, corporate, legacy and trust donations
- Represent the organisation to the media and give interviews
The World Youth Organization focuses on advancing current education in schools.
Together with our partners, we work in numerous countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded young people, to the benefit of all youth, everywhere.
A world where young person receives a well-rounded education gaining the resilience to overcome the challenges they face, the skills to succeed and the opportunity to contribute to their society.
To prepare young people for life by ensuring they get the support, guidance and opportunities they need to succeed.
- Educational Workshops
- Push for change in Curriculum
- Donate school supplies and other forms of learning resources to our international partners and educational establishments (i.e. schools, colleges and universities)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
An undergraduate degree is essential. A master’s degree is desirable.
Experience in senior management or organisational leadership is essential.
Must adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and maintain the strictest confidence when dealing with a safeguarding concern or report, and handing data from educational establishments.
Volunteering + £340 monthly honorarium payment + travel expenses incurred.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £340.00 /month