World Youth Organization membership terms and conditions
Thank you for joining the World Youth Organization. The following are our terms and conditions of membership and you should read them carefully as they set out your rights and obligations as a member of World Youth Organization (a “Member” or “you” in what follows). These terms and conditions are based on our charitable constitution.
WYO (World Youth Organization) is a registered charity, number 1165035 of 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6EA, United Kingdom and will be referred to as “WYO” or “we” in these terms and conditions.
1. All applications for membership shall be treated as if the terms of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and EC Directive 97/7/EC applied for the purposes of cancellation. Accordingly any cancellations in respect of these must be made within seven working days of the application being made. Cancellation must be sent by email to [email protected] or by post to World Youth Organization, 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6EA, United Kingdom marked for the attention of the Membership Team, or telephone – 08443510010.
2. You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal details.
3. All Members agree that email addresses and other personal details provided to WYO may be used for administrative purposes and to fulfil your WYO membership, this will include the monthly WYO Newsletter.
4. WYO may send you invitations to take part in surveys or focus groups to ask for your help to shape WYO’s work.
5. WYO may send you information about our products and services via email, text message or phone where we feel these would be of interest to you and you have provided your consent to hear from us in this way.
6. We may also send you information about our products and services via post, if you would like us to not contact you in this way then please let us know using the contact details below.
7. Of course, you can opt-out of these WYO membership communications at any time, although they form part of your Membership benefits.
8. If you wish to change how we contact you then please inform us in writing at World Youth Organization, 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6EA, United Kingdom or by email at [email protected] You can also unsubscribe from WYO emails via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
9. If your membership lapses we will contact you for a short time to ask whether you would like to rejoin our membership or hear from us about other ways that you can support WYO’s work.
Subscription fees and payment
11. All Members shall pay an annual membership fee as set out below:
12. The first year of membership shall operate for 12 months from the time at which we receive your application.
13. Payment by Direct Debit or Standing Order: When each membership period comes to an end, a renewal notice will be issued and membership will be provisionally renewed for a further 12 months to ensure continuity of service. If renewal is not required you must inform WYO at the earliest reasonable opportunity and at least 28 days before the end of your membership period.
14. Payment by Cash and credit/debit card: When each membership period comes to an end, a renewal notice will be issued, and the membership will be discontinued unless a further membership payment is received by you with a wish to continue your membership.
15. Members agree to settle all legitimate invoices by WYO within 28 days of receipt.
16. Membership may be terminated at the discretion of WYO if a Member is considered to be in breach of these terms and conditions, or such removal is sanctioned by a resolution of WYO’s Trustee Board, provided that in such circumstances, the Member has had a reasonable opportunity to explain to the Trustee Board why he or she should not be removed.
17. Subject to any statutory right to cancel, all membership fees are non-refundable once payment has been received.
18. As a Member of WYO you are entitled to:
- Membership card
- Monthly enewsletter
- Invites to special events organised by us
- Work directly with WYO and help put together programs in your local area which are inline with our charitable objectives
However, WYO reserves the right to vary, amend or withdraw these services at our discretion.
19. Where you are not a resident of England and Wales, copies of all publications, communications and other materials will be provided to you by email.
20. Where you are a resident of England and Wales, copies of all publications, communications and other materials will be provided to you by post and/or email.
21. Clause 14 and 15 will be made void if indicated by yourself as outlined in Clause 4.
22. Members are not allowed to vote.
WYO publications materials
23. Unless stated otherwise, all publications and materials supplied to Members are the copyright work of WYO. Members may not reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell or commercially exploit these materials without the prior written consent of WYO or to the extent expressly permitted by law.
24. All information provided by WYO to Members is on an “as is basis”. Whilst WYO makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and relevance of all such information we cannot guarantee the completeness, quality or non-infringement of third parties rights in relation to these materials.
25. WYO may at its absolute discretion refuse the application of an individual to become a member without having to give any reason for its decision. An applicant whose membership application is refused has the right to appeal to WYO’s Trustee Board against the refusal and the Trustee Board will re-consider the application in light of any further information provided by the applicant before reaching a final decision as to whether or not the individual should be admitted as a member.
26. To become a member, you must be a minimum age of 16 years old at time of application and must have the bill payers permission.
27. Subject to paragraph 24, in no event shall WYO be liable to Members or to any other third party for any lost profit, or any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of, or in connection with services, benefits and/or products supplied by WYO.
28. Subject to paragraph 24, liability under all circumstances shall be limited to the annual membership fee paid for by the individual concerned.
29. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by WYO’s negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
30. The rights of a Member are personal and cannot be transferred or assigned.
31. Membership rights shall cease on a Member’s death or an individual ceasing to be a Member.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
33. All members are bound by the Governing Document of WYO. A copy of these is available from the Charity Commission. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and the Governing Document, these terms and conditions shall take precedence.